If you enjoy making your breakfast from scratch, you will like this quick and easy one!
- 200g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 500ml milk
- oil, for frying
- 130g ham, cut into small chunks
- 150g cheddar cheese, grated
- Using electric beaters or a hand whisk, combine the flour, eggs and milk with a big pinch of salt in a large bowl.
- Heat a 20cm non-stick pan until very hot, then pour a little oil into the pan. Swirl the pan so the oil creates an even covering (alternatives are oil spray and butter). Ladle a spoonful of the pancake mixture into the pan and tip the pan so the mixture fills the pan in an even layer. Cook for 30 seconds, then flip and scatter with some cheese and ham, and cook until the cheese is melting.
- Add a crack of black pepper and fold. Keep on a plate covered with foil in a warm oven while you make the remaining pancakes.